Friday, September 21, 2012

my week...in photos

It's been a busy week...and this weekend will be as well!
I realized as I was syncing my phone this week, that I take A LOT of pictures throughout the week...so here are few...

Monday, I got to spend the day with Miss M, while Miss L was at preschool...a rarity, since it's usually the other way around.  We had a fun afternoon making this (and to my surprise, my family has eaten almost all of it this week!).

I also received the September Birchbox (and Martha Stewart)!


Tuesday, we got hit with a crazy storm and lost power (AGAIN!).  Needless to say, I fully anticipate the 'generator conversation' coming to the forefront again soon.


Wednesday, power was restored, and I spent the morning doing some 'research' for this lovely little lady.  I'm finding some cool stuff that we'll be sharing with you in the next couple of weeks.

Miss L had a busy day at preschool, too.  She sat down on the mud'room' bench to take her shoes off, and this is how I found her...


Thursday, started with a birthday party for a couple of Miss L's classmates.  This was the 4-year old version of the American Girl Store (if you've been to AG, you know what I'm referring to!)...you don't leave with just a bear...

and of course, every trip to the Nordstrom beauty department, requires a stop for Mac lipgloss (the brighter the purple & more glitter, the better!)...


and can you believe what Target has?  I've loved the Arteriors version forever... (good work, Threshold!)



Today...well, TGIF!!!
I have 5 full hours of 'free time' and although I have visions of sipping coffee & catching up on my reality tv magazines...I woke up with a cold and will be doing laundry, prepping dinner, making beds, cleaning a chicken coop and hopefully getting a second cup of coffee and a shower before the little girls get home.  Seriously.

Tonight, I'm going to relax outside, wrapped up in a cozy blanket, watching the deer & chickens (more details on them soon) and enjoy one of these:
image via Martha Stewart
Apple-Pie Spiced Cider

GET THIS:
  • 1 1/4 quarts apple cider
  • 3 tablespoons firmly packed light-brown sugar
  • 7 whole cinnamon sticks, (6 sticks for garnish)
  • 1 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • Ground cloves
  • Freshly grated nutmeg
  • Salt
  • 1/2 cup Calvados, or other brandy 

DO THIS:
  • In a medium saucepan, whisk together cider, sugar, spices, and salt. 
  • Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. 
  • Remove from heat; pour in brandy. 
  • Strain into a pitcher; discard solids. 
  • Serve in mugs, garnished with cinnamon sticks.
  • Yields 6 servings
Original recipe can be found here.

Here's to a great weekend (and lots of cold meds)!

No comments:

Post a Comment