Monday, July 25, 2011

Morning Room project

Today has been a relatively productive day, considering I had 2 hours of sleep last night, have been dealing with an ache-y back (again) and the girls are suffering from a serious case of the Mondays.

With the Home Office finished, I started on Miss M's curtains and decorative pillows this morning.  Took a break for lunch, got Miss L down for a nap (which means I'm working on borrowed time at this point), and took a few minutes to have another cup of coffee while finishing my fabric selections for the Morning Room.

With this house being much more modern/neutral than our last house, I wanted a fun, but neutral print for the window treatments in the kitchen & living room.  I searched every site I know of, and finally found this (and promptly ordered yardage so that I couldn't change my mind!):

Windsor Smith:  Pelagos (Haze)

So, with that fabric chosen, I needed to find something to re-cover the cushions on the furniture in our Morning Room.  We purchased the furniture several years ago, when we moved into our last house, and the red/gold plaid suited that house...not so much for this one though.  My ultimate goal for this room would be to have a fabulous round table with 4, cushy, wing-back chairs to enjoy breakfast, mid-day coffee, etc.  But, until then, this is what I've got, so I'm doing some simple updating.

Here's the room & furniture as it is:

And here are the new cushion fabrics:

seat cushions

back pillows (Kravet Design:  Bansuri - Slate)  

I also found some fabulous fabric to re-cover a bench in my closet...which I will post as a DIY when the fabric arrives.

We have a nice afternoon thunderstorm here at Grayce Lane, so I'm off to do more sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment